View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2004
Disciple

soulfilet is flying high

Thanks for that suggestion. I have turned off VIRTUAL MEMORY, and Quicktime works about the same. I think you're right, it was slowing other things down.

Actually, it was at someone's suggestion that I tried running QT with VM on, and I guess there was no change.

My Mac is just plain old and slow. I don't think there is an extension conflict. QT movies freeze after 4 minutes or longer. So I pause it every 3.5 minutes, quit QT, then re-open the file and advance it to where I left off. Guess I won't be running iMovie on this machine.

I am running OS 9.2.2 now, which you recommended a while back, and it has been stable. QT seemed to run better after going from OS 8.6 to 9.1.

You mentioned possible problems launching QT while running LimeWire - I know I can't do that. LW crashes if I try to run any other program. Apparently it was an only child.

Unfortunately QT seems to be the only video program that works on this Mac. I'm wondering, might there be another video program that will work better than QT?