View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2005
Novicius

angryman is flying high
Default downloading problems

I tried to download limewire on my computer using mozilla firefox. It said downloading, but the visual progress bar never appeared. It just stayed like this for about 10 minutes. So I hit cancel and exited firefox. Then on my desktop there was an icon as shown in the screen shot below.

When I clicked on it, I was denied access. I tried deleting it and was told it was being used by another program or person. From there i began to become very frustrated and tried every way possible to delete the icon of my desktop. I was able to by archiving it and making it a read-only file. I then dragged it to the recycle bin and it disappeared but I still got the message about it being used by another person or program. I have searched for it on my computer and can't find any visible traces of it. I have tried to redownload limewire but it says that the file already exists proving that the white icon labeled limewirewin still exists. I have tried saving it to a new location, but the download just stops at 3 percent and then freezes. I’m really at a dead end here. I hope you can help me.