View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2005
Novicius

rbmartiniv is flying high
Unhappy Mac OSX 10.3 can't connect to LW anymore

I've read through the threads and tried all suggestions, played with all preferences, and deleted and reinstalled. All to no avail. Everything seemed OK until I downloaded latest version of LW a couple weeks ago. Since then I can't download anything.

LW says it is connecting (Quality is "Excellent" and all 5 bars are green) and a number of "connected hosts" on connections page come and go.

Right now my connections page shows 3 connections as outgoing. For example, on one of them currently (keeps changing) shows Messages (I/O) is 2119/67, Bandwidth (I/O) 0.125/0.020KB/s, Dropped (I/O) 3%/0%, Protocol is Ultrapeer, Version is LimeWire/4.2.6, and Time is 13:06. However, all files selected for download say "Need more sources". I tried to browse the host I gave the numbers on but an error message pops up and says it could not browse the host 70.185.1.126:6348.

Occasionally (I should say rarely) it will actually connect to ONE source and then download so slowly that it would take days to download one song. Usually I stop it but sometimes it just crashes after sitting there for a while.

I have a Power Mac G5, plenty of ram, and a cable modem with Airport wireless. None of this has changed in quite a while (used to download fine). Also tried it on my old Dell PC, same results. By the way, I have also tried Acquisition and it works a little better, but still nothing to brag about.

Has anyone figured this connection problem out? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,