View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2001
Novicius

hobo moe is flying high
Default can almost never connect to servers

i recently downloaded limewire v1.6d. the first night that i ahd it, it worked fun. next day, it doesnt connect. i leave it alone; im not familiar with how limewire works, and i think that the problem might just go away. next, day, i turn limewire on again; same thing. i look at the problem more closely. i click teh connect button a few times, and nothing happens. i go to the connections page, and see that i have 2 ipsin teh auto connect hosts column, and no servers in the connected hosts or discovered hosts columns. next day, same thing. i try fooling aroudn with the add, get more, clear, etc. buttons on the connectiions page. nothing.
i do nothign until the next saturday night, when limewire miraculously works again, perfectly. nextday, nothing. same for the rest of the week until, u guessed it, the next saturday night. that ngiht, i copied down the workign ips in the discovered hosts and connected hosts columns. next day, when limewire doesnt work, i copied in some of the discovered hosts and connected hosts ips and pressed add. for about 2 seconds, in the connected servers column, it said the ip neame and connecting. . . under status, then went blank. i deleted 1.6d, got 1.79last night0 same problems; manually typed in ips, nothing. i have no idea what to do. btw i have a dell 266 with win me.