View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2001
Unregistered

Question Connection problems with v1.3

I have been using the above version for awhile now without any problem.

I recently saw that v1.7 was available and have downloaded the installer but when I tried the install I got the message that I don't have Java2TM Runtime Environment, version 1.3.1 (JRE) installed.

Unfortunately, I am now having problems connecting to the two default hosts i.e router.limewire.com:6346 and gnutellahost.com:6346. On every occasion over the last week Limewire has failed to connect with either.

Obviously there is little point in my upgrading if I cannot connect so I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if there is a general connection problem.

I did notice on one of the other forum sites that a list of hosts was available at gnutellahosts.com but when I have try to access http://www.gnutellahosts.com I get a DNS lookup error.

Is there anywhere else that I can obtain a list of other hosts that I can try to connect to ( the Discovered Hosts window is empty).

Thanks

PS I am running ZoneAlarm,Spyblocker and KillAd as well as InoculateIT Personal Edition and AVG ANti-Virus could any of these be causing a problem. ZA has been on my PC for a couple of years but I did upgrade recently.