Thread: Falling Speeds
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
there are a LOT of us who are having a LOT of problems
What do you mean how large the forum has got? Considering with just the windows LW alone apparently over half a million LW's are downlded on a weekly basis. Now how many or what % have an issue that they come to the forum for?

In my experience on the forum I've found some versions please some better than others. Be it going forward or back a version. There's so many variables when it comes to each person's particular set up. Each one varies.

If you have lots of people uploading from you then you should be getting good downld results. At present, I have a file that's been downlding consistently between 20-27 KB/s (25 av) for the past 5 to 6 hours from 4 hosts yet I only have a 260 kbps connection & yet I didn't even do a search for the file. It just reconnected itself. Perhaps you need to consider optimising your set up & use of LW a little more. These links have been posted over & over in the forum.