Thread: is this a scam?
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2005
LimeZebra

Question What planet are you on?

Slow compared to WHAT?? Geez... I've used Kazaa, Shareaza and Kazaa K-Lite K++... all of which I have deleted since I found LimeWire. The Kazaa networks are flooded with bad files. I can't count the times I tried to download a song... ended up downloading multiple copies (50+ on one particular song) and NEVER did get a good playable copy. My first shot with LimeWire I got a perfect copy of the same song and had it in less than 20 seconds.

Download speeds can depend on several different factors... notice how LimeWire TELLS you the type of connection the source has... Kazaa don't do that. Yeah, sure they give you a number that is supposed to represent the bandwidth but it doesn't take long to figure out those numbers don't mean a thing.

I really don't see how you can say LimeWire is soooo slow unless you just have a horrid internet connection.. in which case anything is going to be slow.

Alot of times the slow downloads are the fault of the person supplying the file. When this happens, just repeat your search and find one with more sources or a better connection. There's soo much stuff out there it's not hard to do unless it's something really rare. In which case, you won't find it on Kazaa anyway... so just set up the download and go on to something else.

Anyway, did you even give the free version a shot before you paid for Pro? That would be the smart thing to do don't you think? Hmmm just a thought.