View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2005
Novicius

prelude is flying high
Default Problems uploading

Hello,

I am not new to the gnutella network and to networking and firewalling. That said:

A friend of mine has agreed to let me run a gnutella client on his machine (which I donated). He does'nt want or need to use it for downloading but all the files he has (obtained through another way) he want's to share.

That is a nice gesture, so I downloaded and installed phex 2.0.0.76 and installed it on the windows XP SP2 machine. I disabled all the firewall crap and all and configured his broadband router to forward the (random generated?) port from the config file. It is my understanding that this way I do NOT need to select the "I am behind a firewall".

All is well and the program has been running for 3 days now and about 8GB in files are shared. If I look at the library I can see how many searches there have been on the files and some of them go up to 120 hits .

This all looks good, but not a single file has been uploaded?! All the files allready have their SHA1 number so I suppose hashing is completed.

Also, I tried telnetting to the port from the outside and I do get a connection (no data and I would'nt know what to type but I am no t dropped right away)

Does anyone have any idea? It's a bit of a shame that a system purely for uploading (instead of leeching, there are too many of them) does'nt work

Greetz