View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I can't find anything specific on that model re: forwarding a port, & also being USB possibly means it doesn't use a NAT firewall.

However, if it does have the ability you can look over the following articles to see if any of them apply. These links are all from the Linksys support site: 1. list A 2. List B 3. List C 4. List D

JDSKINN have you tried some of the other 'tricks'? Try these one by one until one works.

1. Delete the LW Preferences folder called .limewire (whilst LW is closed!) & found here: Windows NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP: C:/Documents And Settings/your_username/.limewire OR Windows 98 / ME: Your .limewire folder is in "C:\My Documents" (BUT make a note of all your LW settings 1st b/c you'll need to reset them after deleting LW's Prefs folder!!!)

2. Update your Java version 1.5 (take the JRE)

3. Repair LimeWire using the Add/Remove Programs utility. Go to Control Panel then Add/Remove Programs & click on Limewire on the Change/Remove button & it comes up with options and one of them is Repair. Try this.

4. Right-clicking the Limewire icon and going to properties and changed compatability setting to Windows 2000.

5. Right-click on the Limewire icon on the desktop and click on Run as. Then it should come up showing the current user and then switch it over to Administrator.