View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I saw your other post re: Slowing computer here. Things you can try:

Turn off Ultrapeer capabilities. Go to Tools>Options>Speed & tick option to Disable UP. Then press the Apply button.

Close LW's windows you don't need open at that time; eg: Connections window.

Reduce upld & downld speeds to about 80% to see if it makes any difference.

Did you configure your firewalls by the way: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml

Set downlds for Auto-Clear Completed Downlds.

Repair LimeWire using the Add/Remove Programs utility. Go to Control Panel then Add/Remove Programs & click on Limewire on the Change/Remove button & it comes up with options and one of them is Repair. Try this.

Don't use any other p2p app at the same time.

Dont downld too many files at the one time.

Don't use the Resume or Find Sources button on many if any incomplete files. This will tend to slow down LW & if too many can potentially affect LW's connection quality & even slow down your comp.

Some hints: A well set-up LW can start to automatically continue its dwnlding after it's settled down perhaps 2 out of 3 times you open LW. Optimising LW & Maximising Uplds & Dwnlds A (1st post only) & also Part B which is even better & last & least are search & dwnld hints. The latter one I've been thinking about re-writing for some time. That's just for playing it safe. eg- I show all speeds & qualities.