Thread: Two v1.7 Issues
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2001
Chrisp

Question Two v1.7 Issues

I have recently upgraded from v1.3 to v1.7

I have two issues.

The first is that I have on two occasions got the connection handling error window come up when requesting a download.

I am unable to copy this off as requested because I can't right click to cut and paste and there isn't any save option. All I can do to continue using Limewire is to close the window.

I've just opened my email client (Outlook Express) and found what looks like the error window details in the To section?

The second issue concerns Resume.

I had hoped that v1.7 would provide a proper resume feature such as used by Audiogalaxy and some download accelerators e.g Download Accelerator Plus. The inability to Resume an incomplete file download has been the only drawback with the program in the past.

It's very frustrating to have a download nearly complete, then disconnect and have to start all over again. Even more so when this happens repeatedly!

I've read through section 6-4 of the Troubleshooting FAQ (and some of the threads dealing with Resume) and followed what it says, namely to check the incomplete folder, do a new search for a file of the same name and file size and then click Download Any. This doesn't work for me!

When I do that I merely get a fresh download start.

Also, I've noticed that after having to do a reboot following a lock-up, the incompleted file details were still shown in the download window and Limewire had automatically started a new download of the file.

I've seen in other threads mention of problems with Resume when a firewall is involved. I run ZoneAlarm, could this be the problem?

Any help on either of these issues much appreciated.