View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2005
Novicius

Pilla is flying high
Default so so slow... (part 2)

Hi, can somebody understand what's going on???
As I said in a previous post I bought LW Pro 4 (no 4.5) for Mac Os 9, and it was extremely slow.
As you suggested I started reading the forum on connections - where I lost myself, but found the tip to get faster response from the software (declicking auto connect at startup). The first time it got really better, but a second time never happened again... The software got stuck up at "Connecting..." for hours...
After several days, several other installations - always without success - today I tried to remove everything from my hard disk, and download again LW BASIC, and it works!!!

In the meantime I found that in LW Pro:
1. the uninstaller actually leaves some files on the hard disk
2. the file err.txt says what follows, maybe it is of some interest for you:
----
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/limegroup/gnutella/settings/StartupSettings
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.TipOfTheDayMediator.con structDialog(TipOfTheDayMediator.java:392)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.TipOfTheDayMediator.<in it>(TipOfTheDayMediator.java:167)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.TipOfTheDayMediator.ins tance(TipOfTheDayMediator.java:177)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUIMediator.closeStartu pDialogs(GUIMediator.java:355)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUIMediator.showInterna lError(GUIMediator.java:1759)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.ErrorHandler$Error.run( ErrorHandler.java:70)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities.processRunna bleEvent(Compiled Code)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$RunnableTarg et.processEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java)
-----
And now... good night!
p