View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2005
Novicius

rayj6569 is flying high
Thumbs up Finding More Sources

This is my only complaint with Limewire. Well, my only real complaint. I don't see how adding "finding more sources"/faster downloads would tie up the system more. Actually, I'd be finished my downloads sooner, thereby clearing more room and space for others to seek, search, and choose. I hated Kazaa with all its different pronounciations of its name, all the spyware, the pop-ups, and the way it just killed my computer; BUT I sure loved that "find more sources" button/option. Downloads went from an estimated time of 20 minutes to being completely downloaded and done in 2-3 minutes.

I know the brilliant minds at Limewire aren't going to let those money grubbing geeks at Kazaa one up them. Matter of fact, I'm sure they'll find a way for Limewire to automatically search out and "find more sources" automatically so we don't even have to concern ourselves with it.

I've selected files for download and its taken days and weeks for that file to come through. Hell, I have so many incomplete files from files not getting a chance to download they were taking so long.

Finding More Sources is by far the most important feature to be added in future releases of this outstanding P2P. Even without it, Limewire is the best there is, but you don't become the best and start to rest, you work even harder to keep the title.