View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

To re-iterate to apply the find sources or resume function on too many files 'will' put lw under stress. It might seem like a pain, but manually searching each file's topic is much more effective & healthier for both LW, your comp. & the gnutella network so it's not overworked.

I don't have LW running at present. But yesterday I turned it on & without a single search or anything (I just left it up to its own resources), but after 35 mins I had a file downlding from 4 sources at max speed (for me which is 27 KB/s). 15 mins later I had a look & another file was downloading from 2 sources. There were also people uploading from me. That's very important to have people uplding from you b/c search & downld results improve dramatically. And in my case I hadn't even done any search ... just opened LW in the background whilst I was on the forum.

That get's back to the earlier points I made about optimising your LW. OK perhaps you need to learn what is the best optimised situation for your particular situation. But experimentation breeds this type of info. Until you eventually narrow it down to your own particular system. I hope this has been helpful. I only use broadband at the bottom level but I get top results due to experience at setting up LW & searching. I am rarely disappointed.