View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2005
Novicius

SerDuncan is flying high

a) I am currently using Windows XP Professional, with SP2. It should be noted that I have had SP2 for well over three months now, and I've never had an issue with LimeWire until recently.
b) Limewire version is Limewire Pro 4.2.3

Downloading has always worked for me until Wednesday, January 19th, when I recieved the error message and the infamous "Could not Move to Library." What I have not done is installed or updated anything on my computer in the recent few weeks.

My path is extremely short (D:/Music Files), as I save my files to an empty storage partition on my Primary(Master) Hard Drive. And likewise, the Incomplete folder is also on the storage disk (D:/Incomplete). I have not attempted to shorten the path, because it's about as short as it gets as is. As you might imagine, the Hard Drive is internal.

My downloading is mostly restricted to music files (as my distrust of anything .exe or.zip related has grown in the recent months). Downloading, for the past two months or so, has been limited to about ten songs every two weeks, with the occassional .rar file thrown in.

The problem occurs both when I start a fresh download from my search results and when attempting to "resume" a file after I have restarted the program. For that matter, it happens with every download I attempt. In fact, before I came to the Gnutella forums, I did try to download a file with a short file name but to no avail.

As far as Anti-virus software goes, I am currently using Ad-Aware SE Professional, Webroot's Spysweeper, Norton Antivirus 2005 Professional, and Spybot Search and Destroy. As of writing this post, all of it was disabled in order to attempt a download. I still receive the message.

Thanks for working on ths problem, it has become positively infuriating to say the least.

Edit: I felt it also worth mentioning that my Java was updated yesterday to 1.5...but only after I had begun to have the problems.

Last edited by SerDuncan; January 20th, 2005 at 05:55 PM.