View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2005
Novicius

squelchyboots is flying high

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sberlin
[B]Drag & Drop _within LimeWire_ was removed, as was renaming files, because it was way too problematic. The DnD stuff was homemade and was causing lots of problems, and lots of people were renaming things without meaning to. We weren't able to come up with a feasible solution in time, so the best all around solution was to remove on.
----------------
i never had a problem w D&D or renaming files (as the original info is still there if you hover the mouse over the file) and have upgraded to 4.2.6 just few days ago + am VERY disappointed these options have been removed. i can't sort music by style or groove now + can't even check alphabetically as some tunes have a track number first, or a music type or are just misspelt!

can you tell me the last version of lw that had these facilities as i want to uninstall (btw- why can add/remove progs never fully remove lw, even if i then do find/files and manually remove stuff i still get the install wizard telling me there's an older version. i've had to use killbox.exe) 4.2.6 + go by to my previous state of bliss!