Thread: No Results
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2005
Novicius

geritar is flying high
Post Similar Problem

Hey guys, I was searching for a solution to my own problem, and this was the closest I could get. I also cannot get any search results with Limewire, except for a select few.

However, I have the ethernet, provided by my apartment complex, and I never had a problem with Limewire until recently. I just got a new computer for Christmas, and promptly installed Limewire, and it worked fine. Then about 3 days later, I stopped recieving as many search results.

After much puzzling, I came to the conclusion that the only search results I was recieving were the files from the hosts I am connected to under the "connections" tab. For example, if I select the "punk rock" genre under the search field, I will only get the punk rock songs that the three "ultrapeers" have on their computers. I am ALWAYS connected to the exact same three hosts, one of whom is named "AMANDA." I can browse these people's files with no problem and DL their files at amazing speeds, but I can't access any other files!

I have tried everything, including (but not limited to):

-uninstalling and reinstalling Limewire about 3 times
-deleting my entire hard-drive and starting over
-restoring factory defaults
-deleting the .limewire file and all other things LoTR mentioned

So... any suggestions?

(I know that post was waaaay long, but they said be detailed and specific... so yeah. )