Thread: Burning Dvds
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2005
Apprentice

emerye7 is flying high
Angry Burning Dvds

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I TEAR WHAT HAIR I HAVE LEFT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! After trying various burning software (Aurora, Nero, etc, etc) have come across DVD Santa which, in theory, looks pretty easy to use ..... even for a blonde female such as myself!! Have downloaded .avi movies for my son to watch on home DVD player but for some reason after converting them (via DVD Santa) into DVD format, which took about 14 hours (patience I told him, patience .....) and then burning them onto DVD, on putting them in DVD player just keeps saying "check disk" on the screen. Tried them in his X Box as well, thinking it might be the DVD player but keep getting the same message. I've got Datawire Classic 4.7GB General Purpose 8x DVD-R disks and can't work out where I'm going wrong. Being in the UK have changed the NTSC option to PAL and still nothing. Seeing as these disks aren't rewritable I've now wasted about 3 AND STILL NOTHING!!!!! Is there another program I need to download to get this to work to run alongside DVD Santa????

AM STARTING TO LOSE THE PLOT ALONG WITH THE WILL TO LIVE and am living in hope that someone clever will be a knight in shining armour and put me and my 11 year old out of our misery by telling me where I'm going wrong. If I'd known it was going to be this difficult I wouldn't have got the rewriter in the first place!!!!! Son now thinks his mother is a tad dense and mother is on the verge of either leaving home or a nervous breakdown if I don't suss this out VERY VERY SOON!!!

Thank you for any help you can give me.