View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2005
Disappointed

Default Unable to start up and connect

Could somebody please help?

I downloaded Limewire a coupld of days ago. installed it got it set up, downloaded some files, life was great.

The very next day I have not been able to even start up limewire. when I try to Run Lime wire I get the following error message:

Unable to Log on: Logon Failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.

My computer is has an AMD athlon Processor, running Windows XP.
I connect to the internet through TELUS ADSL using a D-Link DSL 300G ADSL Modem. I connect the modem through an ethernet card. I have the Internet Exporer Firewall set on, and have Norton Anit-Virus installed.

I have looked at the other postings and possible solutions (uninstalling and reinstalling, trying the beta version, setting ports in the firewall, etc...) with no luck..

each time I try to set the firewall to accept the Gnutella pore to 6346 with IP Address 127.0.0.1 as Recommended, it doesn't work, and when i go back to check the entry, the IP address has reset itself to blank.....

Is there something else i can try? it appears that other users are with telus as well

any hlep will be greatly appreciated