Thread: OS Indication
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2005
unknown file types

Lightbulb

If only people would make descriptions of their files and what operating system their shared files are for. Most files being shared are for the Windows platform. I think it would be great if Limewire itself could filter out files from one platform to another, like say you have downloaded Limewire for MAC OS X, after setting Limewire up on that system. Limewire for OS X would only search on networks that shared OS X files, systems running Windows should only be able to connect to networks sharing Windows compatable files and so on. I'm sure the application Limewire already knows what platform it's been installed on and what it's intended purpose is so why can't the different platforms just seperate themselves from within the P2P network and just connect to the same type, that's if it's possible for the P2P application to determine what I just said. I don't see why not though. Every time someone connects to my system to get a file I can see what version of Limewire they're using or if they're using another Gnetella P2P application. Why couldn't Limewire just have another column for which OS the application had been installed on? I guess I babble too much, sorry for the babble.