View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2005
Novicius

dubnluvn is flying high
Default Very Slow Downloads...Can't figure it out

I posted this in the connection problems thread before by mistake...better suited here i think...To start i'm running a 1.8 G5 iMac 17" with another 17" LCD (spanned not mirrored ) 768MB RAM, LimeWire Pro 4.4.1, DSL connection, Java 2 1.4.2_3, Gigs of HD available, Belkin Router, BritePort modem. I'm trying to download a file that is 632MB with 19 available sources. However, I'm averaging 4-5KB download speed. I'm not runniing any applets or other web-based programs (not even my fav. poker software...it's killing me). I have tried disconnecting from the hosts in the connections tab so it will hopefully search for hosts again and maybe get a faster connection. Nope. I went on the forum FAQ and did the filtering and other preference related changes it suggested except the force IP thing...I can't figure out where to do that. Previously to my upgrade to Pro I have been able to download at speeds up to 100KB, while I'm not sure that the upgrade has anything to do with it I thought I would mention it. Also...I keep reading about uploads this uploads that. I am allowing uploads but it doesn't seem as though anyone is downloading from me. Again, I don't see how this would affect my downloads but I thought I'd mention it. Ok...I think thats all. Any suggestions?