View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2005
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Now that's the usual BS you serve me, I thought we discussed about that earlier in PMs

You are plain wrong, you are wasting my time as usual

------
Here are the PM of january 5th

Risky wrote on 01-05-2005 11:33 AM:
So I understand how not seeing GnucDNA results can be worrying, but this goes both ways. When I use Morpheus, most search results (which mostly come from NEOnet) represent other Morpheus clients, and in downloads, most transfers are from other Morpheus clients.

I think the reason you see this in search is because most clients, including Morpheus, favor their own clients as children, so Morpheus clients aren't reached as often in searches, and hence comprise only a small minority of search results.

Also, in download meshes, in theory, on average, the ratio of clients should reflect their respective popularity, so even if Morpheus downloaded from all clients independant of their brand, you could claim they were 'leeching' simply because they are in the minority, when in fact they are probably contributing relative to the fraction of the network they make up.

Do you disagree? I'd be curious to hear you

--
Re: GnucDNA 1.1.1.3 Gnucleus 2.0.6.0
by:me
I agree that the first results in Morpheus come from Neonet and that usually the user select those results to download. However, few seconds after that, Gnet results come in and the GnucDNA engine uses those sources to swarm from them. Even if you connect in GnucDNA clusters, most Gnet results (all?) come from LW, BS and RAZA. I noticed that when running LW in UP mode, I see as much Morpheus leaves then Shareaza leaves. I always get results from Shareaza, never from GnucDNA unless I target my searches to find some (one rare word in any type of search).

I made my mind long ago about that behavior... I can't figure GnuDNA people never figured that out. What are you waiting.. more than 50 % of marketshare to see the effects and people switching network? You should be happy to still get loyal trolls like Vampmon that spread your word (on that troll, he always tells us the next version solves all problems and is better than slice bread ---lololol---)
--------

Last edited by et voilà; February 9th, 2005 at 05:56 PM.