View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2005
Draketo, small dragon.

arne_bab is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

@trap_jaw: Now I have to admit, I don't understand the problem.

If you mean, that we can't use teh download-mesh as it is now, to completely do the task, you are surely right.
But it already does most of the things you need to form these smaller chat-nets.

I don't think we should use the same database (the DownlaodMesh), but a very similar mechanic.

You don't need all alt-locs, because the ID-file should already contain the most recent addresses of the buddies of the host (it ontacts all its buddies).
Now that I think of it again, 2 contacts are necessary:
1: Check and contact all buddies and download their most recent ID-file-with-buddylist (which they should just have changed, since your IP most probably changed).
1.1: Find those buddies whoose IPs changed
1.1.1: Look into the ID-files-with-buddylist of your buddies. Maybe they have it already (very probable, since you often have similar buddies as your buddies).
1.1.2: Contact their buddies to ask for the new IP
1.1.3: If those buddies have the same IP in their database as you, you tell them "can't contact" (we have the same facility in teh download-mesh) and ask the next one, till you checked all. If you don't find a new address, you go on to the next buddy, you couldn't reach via the IP.
1.2: Update your ID-file-with-buddylist
2: tell all your buddies to get the new ID-file.

Or do we have some other misunderstanding?

-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
--
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.

Last edited by arne_bab; February 11th, 2005 at 11:00 AM.