View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2005
Gnutella Admirer

Cougar is flying high
Wink Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I figured it was something about limitations that hasn't been worked out yet.

How does my Pro version actually provide 'faster' downloads than the free?

Does limewire have any sort of intelligence to take the 10 connections and then replace a modem transfering at 1k with a T3 transfering at 80k, during initial negotation, or even after the download has started?

This software intelligence would be helpful, because I find that I usually turn off my limewire and computer when i leave the desk, since the only way to maintain large downloads over TIME is to constantly be researching and punching down additional newly found hosts, since many of the originals tend to die out long before a download is finished (when talking 2 hours or more).

So basically its pretty useless to me, unless im actively 'riding' limewire to obtain downloads, to have any efficient use. Of course this doesnt help others who would want something from me. Thank goodness there are 1.2 million daily users of Gnutella. But peoples usage habbits will change as the software further improves.

Thanks.