View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2005
What'sWithTheBanned??????

Lindyloo is flying high
Arrow

Hi there,

I also heard that LW was associated with Grokster. I installed the new Microsoft Spyware beta 1 but it didn't detect LW or Grokster. (So maybe UK Bob is right about it being fixed.)

I searched on google about the new spyware program and it came up with this.

Microsoft probes anti-spyware Trojan
Published: February 10, 2005, 12:11 PM PST
By Dan Ilett
Special to CNET News.com
TrackBack Print E-mail TalkBack

Microsoft is investigating a piece of malicious code that targets the recently released beta version of its AntiSpyware product.

On Wednesday, antivirus company Sophos reported a new Trojan horse, dubbed "Bankash-A," which suppresses warning messages displayed by Microsoft AntiSpyware and deletes all of the files in the program's folder. The Trojan also steals passwords and online-banking details from Windows users.

"Microsoft is actively investigating new public reports of a criminal attack, known as the 'Bankash-A Trojan'," the company wrote in an e-mail statement. "Microsoft is not aware of any significant customer impact resulting from the Trojan. Microsoft continues to recommend customers evaluate the Microsoft AntiSpyware beta and encourage customers to follow the three steps to help keep your PC protected (at) www.microsoft.com/protect."

The software giant is also offering free support to victims of the Trojan.Microsoft probes anti-spyware Trojan Microsoft probes anti-spyware Trojan

I don't have much knowledge about computers and this scared the **** out of me so I uninstalled it.

Something that does happen when I've been on LW (doesn't mean it's LW's fault) is that my anti-spyware programs finds SaHaGent. (ShopAtHomeSelect) Could this be cos I've downloaded a dodgy file??

Regards, Lindy