View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I think a lot of people are missing the point here.
Quote:
Originally posted by minnie@netnet.net
I bought and paid for Etomi it sucked. Well music files are downloading fine but every single movie I tried is loading then when I click to play it says File corrupt???... I am so tired of this its rude to pay for a site that doesnt work
There are no files stored at this site or LW's site. The files you downld are mostly from people like you & me. I say mostly b/c obviously the RIAA/Music Industry & possibly the Movie industry are loading up servers with corrupt files to deliberately combat the sharing of copyright material. For music it seems T3 servers & video T1 servers.
Quote:
Originally posted by Igzaa!!
These corrupt files only appear with songs that have only just been released
Exactly!!! And who would do that!

Quote:
Originally posted by LukasovWales
Disturbs me how little input LW themselves are putting into the issue of filtering and/or stopping these files from coming through. Even if it is the RIAA or the IRS or the Swedish Mafia or who the heck ever, the Limewire server isn't run by babies. Whichever way you look at it, it doesn't seem like the people who collect the $$$ are putting much effort into this at all. Granted, I have seen a big improvement in my search quality by trying out some of the suggestions made by some of you guys. But that's not the point. The moderators here are so used to washing their hands of problems and practicing blind faith in their beloved little program, they're now doing it without thinking.
It has nothing to do with the program! It's the source of the file! If I deliberately put a corrupt file up for sharing, then how is it LW's or the program's fault? And apparently yes, LW is working bit by bit at trying to combat these issues. For a start, you can use Bitzi Web-Lookup for movies & other things: Right-click (Control-click for mac) on the file & choose

Apparently 'some' corrupt files can be repaired. A couple of people have suggested fixes to those so called corrupt files. There's apparently at least 2 utility apps out there that can fix many. I don't know about all. See these: 1. video-fixer & 2. MP3RepairTool Both utilties can repair audio files.

Corrupt music & movie issues are best tested by previewing the files whilst they're still downloading.
Attached Thumbnails
*DOWNLOADS "Corrupt File" Message* - Corrupt Files Setting-stop-finds-pause-preview.gif  

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 27th, 2008 at 07:17 PM.