View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005
Apprentice

Shadownature is flying high
Unhappy X.3.8 + LW 4.4.5 Pro = "Data Flooding"?

Okay. Very annoying this.

I recently updated my OS to X.3.8, and afterwards, I also downloaded the new Limewire 4.4.5 Pro. I ran it. WHOO! Always love it when there's an upgrade. Old file queues start up and newer ones run like silk. So I go to sleep knowing my data cravings would be satisfied when I woke.

BUT!.. Here's the thing.

I wake up a message saying disk space was running low. I check my storage disk, with the target save folder, it still has gigs left. The start-up disk, with the OS and Limewire program, has filled. Filled. Zero bytes available. "What the hell? That's not where I'm downloading to!" I search, and find a 5 GIG console log file for the Console app! 5.. GIGS! I tried to read it, that seemed to clog the system. (*smacks self in the side of the head* Like DUH.) I forced a restart (not force quit, hardware restart) and deleted the damn thing. Didn't seem to be in use as there was a newer file that replaced it after the restart.

*Takes a short breath* I turn on Limewire again. Seemed to have lost it's preferences as set-up wizard popped up and was all defaulted. Reset those and got my downloads back up. As it was downloading, I was checking for any new, large files (especially the console log). I didn't see anything, so I thought it was fine. Got some more sleep for 2.. 3 hours. Wake up to find the same message. "Running out of disk space" and finding it run out. THIS time, however, there is no file to be found. The space seems filled by nothing. New and worse yet, trashing files creates no new space. It's stays at zero.

I had error reporting off Limewire, so I can't give you that. Never had any problem this major to have it on. Ran Disk Utility verify. Found nothing seemingly major.

G4 dual 450mHz
640mb RAM
That iTunes option was on. (Wish i hadn't left it on, but no, that wouldn't have filled 5 gigs.)

Can't think of anything else important to add. Sorry for a lack of information and running on like I did and do. I hope someone can make this go away or tell me what to look for.

I need help. *cries*

Thanks in advance.
Shadownature