View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2005
Anonymous604

the shared folder is mainly for people who are searching for the files that they need and if you happen to have them - They will download it off of you and that makes your computer "upload" the files to the user's computer. So it's like Kazaa if you have ever used that one before. You give people what they want and you get what you want (sometimes require patience when you want the file so badly). Your "my music" folder is what it is on the given name folder- Your music/files. I believe "save" folder is the files that aren't complete and it's saving the current progress on it or maybe not because I set my limewire differently. I made all my downloads go to my "downloads folder (I created this folder myself obviously). It's also a shared folder. Your last question: "Why do they not contain all of the same the music files?" - I have no idea and I'm positivie that people can help you out with the rest of the information that they can give you. If software developers have the time to post on the forums as much, they'd give you the most direct answer to all of your questions. Have fun with Limewire!

Later,
Anonymous