View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2005
FrostWire Developer

ultracross is flying high
Default Re: More features to add.

Quote:
Originally posted by ultracross

9. It would be nice to see if Limewire embeded [like] CDDB into their software, making it the first p2p program that will actually correct, help and improve the search results and content filter. Making this an optional component would be AWESOME!

14. Add Ability to rip/encode media to mp3 or other widely used format. Maybe even add the ability to detect if a media CD is inserted and asking the user if they want to rip and share this content?
Does anyone actually understand what the benifits of these features would be? Do you realise how awesomely big the network would grow if such a feature was presented the right and legal way to the users? This kind of feature would make the network surge with new content and availablility. This kind of feature could possibley shoot the network straight to the top and stay their untill other apps help out (like bearshare and other gnet apps etc) making limewire #1.

Now.. a way to present these types of features would first need limewire to play media content such as CDs. This is needed so that limewire is optionaly set as the default media player, if this were to happen, more people would use limewire as their media player. Doing this could enable limewire to detect media content that is inserted and quickly retrieve the artist info for that CD. The user can also be presented with a CD -> mp3 encoder (or whatever format) and then be asked to share this content. Presented this in a very legal and cautious way of course by telling the user about the legal side of things. I just dont understand what the problem in creating such a thing hasnt been already implemented. Since if something very much like this were to happen, it would boost the network so much. I would DEFINATELY spend more amounts of time running limewire and sharing my content. Making an all-in-one app and possibly making limewire a center for media content sharing and playing would make people more interested in it since they (the user) doesnt have to spend much time finding media players, rippers, burners, etc.

I would love to go on about this forever because this indeed would be the greatest thing for limewire and the gnutella network.