View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

A VOB (Video OBject) contains several streams multiplexed together: Video, Audio and Subtitles. Video is MPEG-2, audio can be AC-3, Linear PCM, Mpeg 2 multichannel or MPEG1 layer2 2 channel audio. Under Tools>Options>Filters>Keywords you have an option box to filter out .vbs files. Unless you have a demux program these might not be much use to you. Generally when video files are muxed there's an index file that lists the contents of each vobs so I'm really not sure how you'd work with a single vobs file. (vobs files are separate files but as a package & catalogued by an index-list file; generally vobs 1.0 or 1.1 or something..)

I am surprised a wmv file slipped thru. If it did I'd be very very wary of it! It could have an invisible extension (just guessing) & is actually an exe & possible a virus or spyware or dialler. Stay away from it & don't attempt to open it!

I'll answer the other question as soon as I find out myself! lol (& I was going to have some time off; only a pm took my attention.)