View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2005
Novicius

rkaplan87 is flying high
Default too much memory taken up

I am a longtime Limewire user, and after downloading the latest version (4.6.0) recently, I noticed that my computer slowed down significantly and was not working as well. I thought this might have something to do with the amount of hard drive space the program takes up (I used to have PRO, which did not take up much space, but now that I am back using Basic, I know that it takes up a lot of space). When I went to my program list, I found that my computer had two Limewire programs listed, one just called "Limewire" and one called "Limewire 4.6.0", each of which uses up 4,161 MB of hard disk space. Nothing like this has ever happened before; I have always had only one program that would be called Limewire plus the version number. I was thinking about deleting the program that is just called "Limewire," but I am afraid of losing my songs or doing something to damage the program. If anyone can provide some insight into what the deal is or what I should do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!