Thread: popup box error
View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2001

Moak is flying high
Default WinME

Hmm, I did some long turn meassures with my WinME box (the sheets in the other mentioned thread). I see only a high CPU consumption at the beginning, especially when indexing your shared files the very first time (just wait until it's done). Time by time it may happen that Xolox merge together downloaded partials and create the final file.... this cause a "harddisk heart attack" yet and maybe use 100% CPU for some seconds. This "bad" behaviour has allready reported.

I usually let Xolox run the whole day at office, as long as I do not play online (need fast pings) or do time critical OpenGL testings (high CPU usage). Usually I have other apps running, Winamp, mIRC, my compiler and grafix tools and a webbrowser. Make sure that you spend enough RAM for your computer. I have no big disadvantages together with Xolox... at least not more than I had with Bearshare (daily reboot).

Someone told their is a problem with a windows Packetfilter/Firewall Software, while we use a Linux-Firewall concept, I can't report problems from here.

Moak

Last edited by Moak; October 3rd, 2001 at 06:55 AM.