View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2005
Novicius

my02wg is flying high
Question Un-Install Trial on One PC after Buying Pro for Another PC

Hi. I downloaded the trial version of Limewire on a work pc. Tried it, liked it so I then downloaded/purchased/installed the Pro version on my home pc. Uninstalled the trial version on my work pc via the "un-install" from the Limewire application - (not 'add/remove programs')

However - The workstation security tool ("WST") that the company runs every so often to check employees workstations, is now reporting that my workstation is not compliant because a "peer 2 peer network has been detected: LimeWire". Of course, it's now flagged me as being non-compliant which is not good at all.

Does anyone know what I can do or reset or change so that the "WST" doesn't pick up the previous LimeWire installation ? In doing a "file search" for anything 'lime*.*, I see that there is a folder called ".limewire" with the following folders: META-INF, THEMES, and XML. I believe I have to do more than just delete that folder for the "WST" to see that LimeWire is no longer installed. Any suggestions ?

I'm running WIN2000. Another thing I checked was the 'Properties" tag on the "C" drive. Under 'Sharing', I made sure that the "Do Not Share" (this folder) option is checked.

Is there some kind of registry change I also have to make ? How come the "uninstall" didn't completely "uninstall" the application ? If I don't get this workstation compliant, I'll be up the proverbial creek without a paddle - so any help would be appreciated !

Thanks.. Mike D