View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2005
wanting_control_deux

I thought this would of been a good idea and that I would of gotten some feed back from Limewire users about this suggestion. I guessed wrong though, I noticed my post subject line had been edited by someone running or moderating the forum. I guess nobody wants to know what the size of the pool of shared files on Limewire is or how many users are sharing files at the time they started Limewire. Different times of day will bring different results, knowing how many users are online would be usefull. Same with knowing what position you are in queue and how many users have you in queue and who keeps disconnecting you. But I guess nobody cares about those kinds of things huh.

I would also like to suggest making minimum requirements for shared files. I've noticed a lot of people sharing files less than half a megabyte, a lot of their files are from their system files or their unzipped downloads and they shouldn't be able to be counted as shared files because those files are random and worthless. I share 300+ files and not one of them are smaller than 10 megabytes unless it's an MP3, but then again, that's an MP3. And that share feature that's already in effect " Allow freeloaders " I have that set to "50 files" and "rarely" and it doesn't seem to do what is intended.

I'm constantly sharing files with freeloaders, which really doesn't bother me, what does bother me is that after the freeloader downloads that file from me, he doesn't share it. I don't autoclear any of my windows so everything gets all cluttered with stuff, leaving IPs in history for me to go back and browse users files that have downloaded files from me only to find that them freeloading users aren't sharing the files they downloaded from me, so I hope that that freeloader option becomes more useful in the future.

Because not only were those users freeloaders, they were leaches sucking them files in for themselves. Those users knew before they downloaded those files they weren't going to share them after they downloaded them.