View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2005
Disciple

Less Paul is flying high

Of course I know why you want to keep this forum clean.

But is very much “wink, wink, nod, nod.”

It is disingenuous at best and hypocritical at worst. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess.

I scan everything I download with Norton AntiVirus. I’ve found the occasional virus, but not many. Perhaps 5% or so. And probably 80% of the programs work just fine with a little tweaking.

I download programs to test them out before I buy them. Most factory demos are either not full function, or have a time limit of 30 days or so. The stuff I’m interested in usually has a steep learning curve.
I’m a busy guy and 30 days doesn’t cut it for me. If I’m going to drop $300 on a piece of software, I wanna make damn sure I’m happy with it before I buy.

When I’ve made a decision, I delete the also-ran programs and go buy the real deal. I want the software support and the help files that are often ripped from the cracked versions.

And I’m also a songwriter. I make my stuff available for free download and several websites. In the past few years, I’ve given away probably 1500-2000 downloads. Makes me feel better about scarfing a few songs I want to learn how to play.

I wonder how many Limewire users put something they actually created back into the pool. My guess is very, very few.