Thread: Upload Theft
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2005
Novicius

steviej is flying high
Exclamation Upload Theft

Please help.

Everytime I download, I get a massive problem. My uploads match it. Even though I have turned all access to people sharing my files off. I know that this is frowned upon, but I only have a certain amount of memory available to me. It works out that if i download 5mb, then 5mb has been uploaded from me. thats double than what iv asked for,, so in effect im only getting half my moneys worth from the inernet provider. i have followed the below technote to no avail. Can somebody please help?

LimeWire
To disable LimeWire's server function, restrict simultaneous downloads, and prevent LimeWire from launching automatically when you start up your computer:
1. Launch LimeWire.
2. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
3. In the left pane of the window, click Sharing.
4. In the Shared Directories field, remove each shared directory by selecting it and clicking Remove.
5. In the Extensions field, delete all the text.
6. In the left pane of the window, click Speed.
7. Check Disable Ultrapeer Capabilities.
8. In the left pane of the window, click Downloads.
9. In the Maximum Downloads field, type 1.
10. In the left pane of the window, click Slots. Note: If Slots is not listed, click the triangle next to Uploads, then click Slots.
11. In the Uploads Per Person field, type 0. In the Start Upload Slots field, type 0. In the Max Upload Slots field, type 0.
12. In the left pane of the window, click Shutdown.
13. Select Shutdown Immediately.
14. Click OK.