View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2005
Novicius

lethe is flying high
Default in process of downloading then -->suddenly, "waiting in line"

i searched for previous threads to explain this...but found only posts from users who were already "waiting in line" and were then bumped down to a lower position.

my situation (which has occured several times) is that i am already in the process of downloading a certain file, and am suddenly bumped to waiting...???

is this, also, caused by the host(s) dropping offline (this does not seem likely because i did a "repeat search" in order to check this time... & my 2 hosts are still there)- or could it be a problem with configuration or something of the like?

or is it more likely, "some leech type p2p apps....jump queue & some that do allow uplding may knock back certain ones in a queue."...as Lord of the Rings suggested to another user with a similar but not identical problem?

is there anyone who has a better understanding of this that could give me a bit of an explanation?

and if it is a "leech", is there some way to counteract it?

sorry for the muddled, confusing post- if i better understood what the hell i am talking about, it might have flowed a bit easier.
~lethe