View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2005
The Soulforged

murasame is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: Now Me Please

Quote:
Originally posted by boo_hoohoo
I am on comcast, they said 3mb download, I did the download test on pc pitstop it says 1917kbs Ok. I tried to figure out what you were calculating (and failed miserably) can you be so kind as to tell me what this greek means? They also claim they don't filter P2P so why are my downloads still slow or am I just percieving them to be?
what do you want me to share at this point to know what my best settings should be? I am a wireless notebook on xp with very little clue about what I am doing or should be obv. as I feel like I might have screwed up something vice fix it.. I have windows firewall up, but I believe I have the port opened and set up like suggested.. I am sure I will get a "your stupi" but am I missing something or just not seeing the forest for the trees..
Well, if they said 3Mb, then that should be around 375KB of download bandwidth. (3000Kb/8=375KB according to the first post)
The speed tests must be done numerous times and at different times of the day in order to get a more accurate estimation of what your download and upload bandwidth are, so go there again and do it all over.
As I say in the initial post, the upload speed is important too so find that out too from the tests.

Also, I'm greek so the way I understand: "can you be so kind as to tell me what this greek means?" is : "can you be so kind as to tell me what this incredibly obvious and easy to understand thing means?" kidding...
ADSL anything from 3 to 8Mbps/around 1024kbps

"Raise your can of Beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have passed us by
The Golden Age Of Leather"
-Blue Öyster Cult-