View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2005
Novicius

Randi is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
What you mean is when you re-open LW there's nothing left in the Library window? Try deleting your LW preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions: Fixes for Limewire Also re-add your shared folders via Tools>Options>Sharing & press the Apply button after all additions & changes.

After a 2nd look at this post I realise you must be at least partly mistaken. If you have LW version 4.4 or later then you should have a folder within the Library window called Saved Files. This is default & there is no way of deleting this folder (well you wouldn't want to try.) This folder has your files that you've saved within it. Perhaps you can give us some more details & tell us which version of LW you have.
I hope this is the proper place to reply, please forgive if not...
I tryed to delete LW preferences and then re-add shared folders via tools.. not sure if it worked because everything looks exactly the same as it did before. I went to link to update and strated the download however after 3 hours and only under 20% done, I figured that couldnt be right so i cancelled the download.

I have version 4.8.1 and yes I do have a subfolder in library called saved files and I also have a subfolder called shared files. If I am downloading music, and a song completes it goes into my library into both the folders. It also shows at main page at the bottom how many files I am sharing. When i reboot my PC and open LW...my incomplete downloads are still there but it says sharing 0 files and when i go to library my saved and shared folders are blank.. although it still shows my incomplete downloads. Also... I didnt mention this before but none of the music goes into my "my music" folder so each time a song is completed I do a search and drag it to "my music" so I can access the files via NERO5. (I tryed to access LW thru NERO5 without having to copy to "my music" however although I could get to LW there were no files to drag to copy to my CDs)
I could sent screen shots of what I am seeing if that would help you help me