View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2005
ohmanon

Default Why I'm Not Sharing

Hello ImSteve,

I am not sharing because I have no files left to share. Gone - all 5,000+ in addition to my ***** music.

I do have cd's which I will need to encode into mp3 but this will be awhile since I'm back to a very basic computer.

I am so puzzled as to why this happened. The only thing I'm thinking is that recently someone on WinMx asked me to open my files - he could see them, see I was sharing but could not download. I tried several different options as I had noticed people in queue for music but the uploads would not start. I then decided to turn off the default Windows XP firewall. I think this may have been my fatal error, although after I disabled it, people were able to download my files.

Yesterday, while still trying to figure all this out, I tried finding information regarding this LimeWire security update. I posted something about my problem here on this forum Sunday night - program kept freezing. This new information said something about the security flaw and the magnet handler which I had also mentioned in that post. I am so confused I don't know what happened. I am not a pc pro but do know how to work on my own system, keep it very clean and it's always been smooth running.

I have now downloaded Zone Alarm as an added precaution but it has so many irritating popups - will have to take the time to figure out how to disable them.

Anyway, am open to any opinions here.

Thanks.

Ohmanon

Last edited by birdy; February 9th, 2008 at 07:10 PM.