View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2005
Novicius

ggrr1 is flying high

Well, all I have are my own opinions/experiences and my ears. If you keep the the equipment your using regardless of type, no matter how old or new the technology is...keep them clean, dust free, maintain them not mangle them etc, chances are they will all produce a good sound. I think its very interesting to note that different equipment/hardware can change the quality of what is heard from a good sound to a great sound.

For instance, I can take a cd and observe the following:
a) music played with my computer is ok
b) music played via the TV/DVD sounds better
c) music played on my son's stereo sys. causes me to crank up the volume and wonder if I'm using the same cd
d) classical music (even on vinyl) can sound as in the symphony is in your livingroom

I have noticed that some cds and/or dvds, even vinyl seem to be produced better than others, and thats where the old "must have been pressed on a monday or friday" theory kicks in....

I have also noticed that some file types play better, sound better, have less interference, less static than others. Mind you, I have no knowledge of this type of technology at all, except for what my ears tell me....and to me, that is the most important of all.