View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Re: Re: Ads @ www.limewire.com?

Quote:
Originally posted by CycloCide

Why do you have a problem with the ads?
I've already had this dicussion with you on the BearShare area of this forum. ADs are commericalized (trying to sell you something) and there are privacy issues with ADs. Refering to cookies (storage of information) as in the selling of your private browsering habits and other information to third-party companies without your knowledge or consent. You can preach all you want about money (the root of all evil) and ADs but it doesnt change the facts I have stated.

Quote:

You may not mind donating but other people do.
First of all donating is a volunteering action. You cant "not mind" something you do not have do in the first place. Second, I very much doubt you know what all the other LimeWire users think about donating to LimeWire, Inc. This is the first time I've seen anything like that on www.limewire.com and I visit about every other day or so. I'm guessing alot people still dont know....

Quote:

LimeWire has been asking for donations for weeks; during that time 47 people have donated a grand total of $280. The donation revenue model does not work.
You have no patience.