View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2005
Novicius

limewirehatesme is flying high
Angry Someone help me before i SNAP.

Alright this is my second time writing this out so excuse me if it seems rushed...

I've had limewire before and there was no real problems. But i had to download another version because my whole computer got cleaned out. So everything was fine up until a few days ago.

I downloaded two albums from a artist late last week. I also had a few breezeblock mixes from the same artist. I didn't get them from limewire but i had them in the same folder as the one holding the two albums. I assume this is the same folder people can download off of me from when on limewire.

Last night i was listening to the albums and mixes without a problem. This morning when i logged on and went to go listen to one of the breezeblock sets they were gone. All sets and both albums from this artist were completey gone. I searched my computer and sure enough nothing from that artist was found. And believe me i had a lot of his ****. I checked my bin just incase and no fear, it wasn't there.

i checked files i had downloaded previos to those albums and after the fact, all were there. The only files missing were those related to the artist.

What the hell happened? Did the download police break into my files and remove them? I don't know if this is possible but something is seriously strange about this whole situation and thats the only real explanation i can think of.

Now tonight i decided to replace my limewire with a new one because every time i went to download something by that artist it would get right around 90% finished and freeze OR it would say download was complete but it would never show up in my downloads. It just wasn't there.

Now with the new limewire i get the message " could not move to library." ?

Another issue i have, and this one is really annoying. Currently i have one limewire on my F drive and another on my C. The one of F just pissed me off so i said **** it and dl'd another. The one of F refuses, there is no way in HELL that thing wil uninstall. It gets to a certin point and says uninstallation could not complete due to error in limewire. Now with this new one on C i can't get rid of it either.
Why won't they uninstall? Im pretty sure this is a sign of a virus, no?

So i guess at the end of this rant i have 3 questions/problems.

1. What happened to my files and how did they go missing? Is it possible someone did actually remove them?

2. Why does it say download is complete but nothing ever shows up in my library?

3. Why can't i remove either of the limewires i have on my system OR do you know of some way i can force them off.

Thanks for your time and help!

- Frustrated.

i guess i should add i am a windows xp user.