View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2005
Apprentice

CD 1986 is flying high
Default Gnutella and My ISP - troubleshoot!

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post in; i wasn't quite sure where to put this query!

I've recently installed several "gnutella-based" clients that ...limewire, bearshare, shareaza (all latest free versions). Using limewire as an example, I installed it a week ago and it worked just fine...no connection problems. I then tried to use the same client again with no settings altered one week later. I had no connection what so ever! I tried with the other two clients and got the same results; no connection.

Yes, i'm behind a (netgear) router, but have port forwarding and ip address reservation set up correctly. I'm using PlusNet as my broadband ISP. I checked my port forwarding with "Port Detective" and found that ports 6346-6348 were blocked...all others around it in the 6300 to 6400 range are open. Does this mean that my ISP has got around to port blocking the usual P2P ports?

So then i changed the listening ports on all the clients from the default 6346 to several i knew were open...still no luck at all. It's frustrating that everything was fine 7 days ago and now its seemingly dead!

I'm sure many have posted with similar complaints but i cant find an answer through searching the forums, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited by CD 1986; April 10th, 2005 at 03:12 PM.