View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2005
Novicius

mrbizzy is flying high
Question avi problems playing

hi there i wonder if you can help me i am currently using windows xp and are using limwire 4.8.1 i have downloaded a couple of avi files now that have not played in windows media player. i loked around the forum and i found that others had the same problems, i listened to what some people had to say so i dowloaded vlc media player and new codecs for media player. if i try and open the avi file in windows media player i get two messages saying "windows media player has encountered a problem and need to close" and "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". if i open the avi file in vlc media player i still get the windows explorer message. after these messages occur my computer freezes. i thought that it could have been because of my firewall was corrupting the file so i made a port in windows firewall and accepted zonealarms message. could this problem have anything to do with me having a router at all. i want to play avi files in future and i would be very greatful if anyone could help me please thanx a lot mrbizzy btw the file i am trying to open is ***** (stand up comedy).avi

Last edited by birdy; April 9th, 2009 at 08:31 PM.