View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2005
Disciple

wildflower is flying high
Default Thanks

Ok you guys totally ROCK.

That is great to know about the burning, I was thinking I had to go get a cd burner installed. I do have a cd player and I got the puter less then a year ago ~ so that means I probable have a burner there too? This computer was custom built ~ simply, so I hope they added that too. I currently have windows media player, real player v10, and quick time. I use a cable connection, and run windows xp.
Gosh THANKS!!!

BTW what is the pro cd all about?
And any advice about downloading movies? My husband tried with Oceans Twelve, and after some weird stuff we got one going on that had a really bad picture ~ I don't know the details of what he did though.

Yeah before I got your replies I realized I had been totally taken (again..I am really dumb by the way...so I went and cancelled my check card for the like what..the 3rd or 4th time...ok ok no more using the debit card on the internet~got to get the cc in order! And I will dispute the charge tomorrow!). The website I used says they have a 30 day money back garuntee so I will dispute ASAP, and demand my money back too if needed (bank cards aren't always as easy to dispute as credit cards are).

Just did a forum search and saw that link to that thread about this same situation, but thanks anyway Fabion. Got suspiscious when I saw the $18 thing on the official site.

OOOOH gosh I really got to get my head strait. I've already lost BIG TIME online (I tell ya $34 is nothing at this point...I am really admiting my stupidity now!) so these little things now I am learning about. I did take many days to sign up and did tons of searches and all I found were these scam sites (not knowing at the time)!!!!!! What the hell is up with that?!! There must be tons of people here who came through that way, or what?

I did about every key word search I could think of to try to verify this, except for the words "file sharing". I more or less had no idea that file sharing existed. Once I searched those words (after coming here), I found ya easy!!!! Otherwise there are just lots of scams that bring a person here overpaid, everywhere. The scam websites I checked out have the same feel to them too. Same scammer?

I did just do the free trial of rhapsody.com were after the trial you pay $10 a month, plus 79 cents each song burned, so this seemed like a deal! Arghhh. Is Rhapsody a scam too? As I have tons of friends on a yahoo group using it and passing the word? We all sew all the time and need MUSIC.

Anyway I am now in love with lime wire so there is no going back, just correcting the mistake, if I can.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wildflower; April 18th, 2005 at 11:47 PM.