View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2005
Novicius

bizun is flying high
Unhappy

Dear experts and not,
I hope this message finds you well cos' it doesn't with me.
Before starting i'd like to congratulate with you for all your useful suggestions: it seems that you helped quite a lot of people and i hope you'll do the same with me.
As you will imagine i'm facing connection problems with limewire 4.8.1 on my laptop. This is the first time I use this sw but i installed it in the same time on my laptop and on my fixed pc i have at home and, while it works on the second, it can't connnect on my laptop. The main difference in the 2 machines in the OS: win XP Home on the PC, Win XP Pro (with no SP on) on the laptop. Anyway, this one can't connect to limewire with any connection: I tried with the shared adsl connection of the home pc and with the wi-fi i have but nothing. Moreover, I already mapped the router ports properly, and also configured the windows firewall, but nothing happened. So now I deactivated it even if nothing changed.
I think we can exclude it's a router or isp problem since my flatmates are using the same router and connection with their laptops and normally use limewire. After installing and disinstalling the sw several times, even cleaning the registry with reghealer, I tried all your suggestions (firewall configuration and deactivation, no automatic connection, .limewire folder deletion) following your procedures but limewire still not works.
What can I do? This is definitely one of the best p2p programs so i'd really want to use it...but i can't. I hope you can help me or at least suggest me some other sw that can use the gnutella network properly.
thank you very much in advance.
Bizun