View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Disable your XP firewall. You don't need 2 active firewalls & I remember reading (I think it was Norton) who recommended not having 2 firewalls b/c they may interfere with each other.

De-activate your LW media player. It only makes LW work harder. Go to Tools>Options>Player & untick option & press Apply. But in order to make your default audio player active for launching from LW you'll need to re-open LW. If you don't have a decent default audio player then I'd recommend either iTunes, or QCD, etc.

I'll see if another member recognises those NIS alerts. I've heard NIS picks them up from time to time.

If still problems I wonder if you should step backwards to an earlier Java version. ie: uninstall Java 1.5 using Add/Remove Programs control panel. Then downld Java 1.4.2 to your computer (don't install over the net!) & then install it. See link here: Fixes for Limewire

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; April 20th, 2005 at 08:02 AM.