View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2005
Draketo, small dragon.

arne_bab is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Seems I'll have to write a disclaimer:

I am in no way against the sharing of any material you see fit.

Sharing is, what keeps any p2p-network running, and downloading older movies is legal in germany, where I live (but sadly not resharing them it seems), but even the matter of legality is no deal for me at all.

There are some legal risks, but judging from the number of Users p2p-networks have and the number of sued people, you still have a very slim chance of getting into problems (less than 0.1%).

The only Problem when discussing this here is: This forum is well known, and it is surely also well known to the RIAA/MPAA, so they will look for any chance to shut it down (because that would destroy a resource for Gnutella, weakening teh support for the users).

We don't want to give them this chance.

Share what you think right, at any time and any place, but please don't talk about files in here.

The rules are there for a reason. If you are against that reason (keeping this forum alive and safe from lawyers), then you can sure break the rules, but remember, that you are then actively attacking something into which the mods in here have put much time and effort, and expect a corresponding answer.

-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
--
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.