View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2001
Panthera Onca

The Seeker is flying high

Where did you post it to? Did you try searching the XoloX forums for "99%" first? Most often when I don't answer a question it's because I've answered the same one more than a few times before.

As for your question, usually when a file is nearing completion, the segments you are currently downloading get finished, and the hosts are dropped. The remaining gaps between segments still have to be filled, but you must find new hosts to connect to to get them. The hosts you just disconnected from are often busy, so re-connecting to them might not be possible.

Before you complain about this behavior (which can't easily be avoided at this time) try comparing total time spent downloading the file vs. other sharing programs such as Limewire or BearShare.

As for the devs, I'm hoping that they're just busy right now. Moak, myself, and a few other diligent testers uncovered several fairly major flaws in the program while they were having ISP troubles. Now that they are back, these problems should have priority over responding to old topics by new posters on the forums.